n-power news, Afolabi Imoukhuede, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Job Creation (N-Power Scheme),
Afolabi Imoukhuede, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Job Creation (N-Power Scheme) Photo: LASG

The Federal Government has squashed rumours that it will absorb beneficiaries of its empowerment programme, N-Power, into the civil service, Concise News reports.

This online news medium understands that there have been rumours on social media that the Federal Government is going to absorb all beneficiaries of N-Power into the civil service.

Advertise With Us

However, a statement by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Job Creation and Youth Empowerment, Afolabi Imoukhuede, said the government is not planning on doing such.

Speaking in Abuja on Wednesday, he noted that he is only sure of when the first batch of beneficiaries for the scheme will exit.

“To the best of my knowledge, I am not aware of this news, when I read it, they were quoting Mr President and I am not aware of any meeting where Mr President made such statement,” he said.

“I am not aware of the practicality of such news, what I know was that the pioneer members will not exit the programme as earlier schedule.’’

He, however, said the N-Power scheme is liaising with some state governors and other agencies to absorb the beneficiaries in the civil service.

“Some of these volunteers have gotten used to the teaching methodology, and they are used to the system, and you know some of these schools also lack teachers,” he further noted.

“In some of these schools, you only find the head teacher and the Vice, the other teachers you find are N-power and corps members.”

This news platform had earlier reported that the Federal Government has rolled out the N-Power Knowledge which is set to absorb about 60, 000 Nigerian youths.