The Nigerian Navy has started the application for its Direct Short Service Commission Course (DSSC) recruitment for 2019, Concise News reports.
Nigerian Navy DSSC Recruitment 2019 Application Portal
A statement by the Nigerian Navy revealed that the application portal for the DSSC recruitment 2019 will open on October 3rd and end on November 14th.
Positions Available In Nigerian Navy DSSC Recruitment 2019
The Nigerian Navy further noted that the following positions are available for application in its 2019 recruitment:
Applicants should have a BSc/HND in the following disciplines:
a. Nautical Sciences.
e. Forensic Sciences.
Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
Accounts and Budget
Every applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree or HND in Accounting/Banking and Finance. Membership of professional bodies like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage, according to the Nigerian Navy.
Intending applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
a. Catholic Mission.
b. Protestant Mission.
Also, interested persons must have finished a 2-year apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry as well as being recommended from pastoral missions.
Furthermore, applicants must be MALE and a duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
Interested persons must have a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)/ B.Sc Ed in relevant fields. Also, holders of first degree with PGD Education in the following fields are also fit to apply:
a. English Language.
i. Library Science (B.Sc).
j. Computer Science.
k. Guidance and Counseling.
l. French Language.
m. Chinese Language.
n. Arabic Language.
A B.Sc or B Eng in any of the following fields is needed:
a. Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
b. Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
c. Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
d. Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering.
Note that membership of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
Human Resource Management
For this, all applicants must possess a B.Sc, BA, HND or equivalent qualification in:
a. Human Resources Management.
b. Personnel Management.
c. Public Administration.
Also, note that membership of the National Institute of Management and other relevant bodies will be an advantage.
B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
d. Physical Oceanography.
Membership of the National Institute of Statistics or proficiency in Computer Programming/Data Analysis would be an added advantage. Applicants with a B.Sc degree in Physics and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Land Survey to be eligible.
A B. A/MA in Islamic Studies in the following:
a. Islamic Studies (Qira’at).
b. Islamic Studies (Hadith).
c. Islamic Studies (Jurisprudence).
d. Islamic Studies (Theology).
Diploma in Counseling Psychology will be an added advantage.
B.Sc or HND in the following fields are needed:
a. Mass Communication.
c. Public Relations.
d. Printing Technology.
f. Television Production.
g. Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
Membership of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.
Information and Communication Technology
A B.Sc/B.Tech/ B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Priority will be handed to candidates with relevant qualifications in:
a. Website Development and Management.
b. Networking and Network Administration.
c. Programming in Multimedia and Software Development.
d. Server and Database Administration.
e. Information and Cyber Security.
Also, certifications in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
The following medical fields with requisite entry qualifications are available:
a. Consultants: Must be a fellow of National Postgraduate Medical College or West Africa College of Physicians or Surgeons; Must possess current practicing license of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria. Candidate’s age limit is 40 years by 20 February 2020.
b. General Doctors/Dental Surgeons: MBBS, MBBCh or equivalent. Must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and possess a current practicing license.
c. Pharmacy: B.Pharm/Doctor Pharmacy degree and full registration with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria as well as have a current
d. Medical Lab Science: Either a BMLS or AIMLS/ equivalent and be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientist Council of Nigeria as well as possess a current practicing license.
e. Dental Therapist: HND Dental Therapy must possess a current professional practicing license.
f. Radiographer: Minimum of BSc/HND in Radiography with current practicing license.
g. Physiotherapy: B. Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation). Must be registered with the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Registration Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a practicing license.
h. Optometry: Doctor of Optometry. Must be a fully registered optometrist, dispensing optician by the Optical Council of Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
i. Medical Records/Health Information Management: Minimum of BSc/HND required with current practicing license.
j. Dietician: B.Sc or HND Dietician/Nutrition. Must be registered with Dietetics Council of Nigeria with a current practicing license.
k. Clinical Psychology: BSc/HND in Clinical Psychology and Applied Psychology, with current practicing license.
l. Biomedical Engineer: BSc/HND in Biomedical Engineering with a current practicing license.
m. Public Health Officer: BSc/HND in either Environmental Health or Community Health Information and Education. Must be fully registered with the Environmental Health Officers Registrations Council of Nigeria (EHORCON) and possess a current practicing license.
n. General Nursing/Midwives:B.NSc RN/RM with current practicing license. Post basic qualification in any of the following fields will be an added advantage:
(1) Accident and Emergency Nurse.
(2) Intensive Care Unit Nurse.
(3) Peri-Operative Nurse.
(4) Ophthalmic Nurse.
(5) Dialysis/Renal Nurse.
m. Hospital Administration: BSc/HND HospitalAdministration with current practicing license.
A B.A/HND in Music. Proficiency in any musical instrument will be an added advantage.
A B.A/HND in Physical & Health Education or Human Kinetics and Health Education. Proficiency in any physical sport will be an added advantage.
A BSc/HND/B Eng in the following fields:
a. Transport Management.
b. Economics, Business Management or Marketing.
d. Catering/Hospitality Management.
e. Civil Engineering.
f. Quantity Survey.
g. Structural Engineering.
h. Estate Surveyor and Valuers.
i. Final Certificate of Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology.
An LLB and BL (Call to Bar Certificate and a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience required). LLM in International Maritime Law, International Law or Forensic Law is an added advantage.
Nigerian Navy DSSC Recruitment: Further Requirements For 2019
1. All applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
2. Applicants must have at least a Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage in all fields.
3. Applicants must have certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
4. Applicants who got credentials from foreign institutions should make sure the certificates are verified by the Federal Ministry of Education.
5. All applicants must present O’level West African Examination Certificate (WAEC), in addition to any other results such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English is compulsory.
6. NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC is a mandatory requirement for enlistment.
7. Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 meters tall.
8. Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 20 February 2020. Except Chaplains/Imams and Medical Consultants who should not be more than 30 years and 40 years respectively.
9. Serving personnel, Soldier/Rating/Airman, and other paramilitary services personnel must obtain a letter of attestation duly signed by the
heads of their units.
Nigerian Navy Recruitment DSSC Aptitude Test Date, Centers
10. Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date and time of the aptitude test will be revealed on the Nigerian Navy application portal.
11. Applicants are to pick any of these centers for the qualifying aptitude test into the Nigerian Navy:
a. Abuja Centre:
(1) Army Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
(2) Command Day Secondary School, Lungi Barracks.
b. Bauchi Centre:
Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
c. Owerrinta Centre:
Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics College, Owerrinta, Imo State.
d. Lagos Centre:
(1) Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
(2) Navy Town Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
e. Port-Harcourt Centre:
(1) Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
(2)AirForce Secondary School, 115 Special Operations Group, Air Force Base.
f. Sokoto Centre:
Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
Documents Needed For Nigerian Navy DSSC Recruitment Aptitude Test
As an applicant, you must come for the Aptitude Test with the following:
a. Photocopies of Degree and NYSC Discharge Certificate.
b. Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
c. Acknowledgement Form.
13. Applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free of charge and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
How To Submit Nigerian Navy Application Form On Portal
1. Visit the Nigerian Navy DSSC 2019 recruitment portal here.
2. Click on Register by inputting your email.
3. You’d get a confirmation mail (ensure you use a working email address/phone number).
4. Continue the registration by filling the application form with your details for the position you are applying for.
4. When done, review, your application and SUBMIT to generate the applicant’s Transaction ID.
NB: Applicants are thereafter advised to print out a copy of the ‘Application Summary’
14. On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click ‘SUBMIT’ on the portal to generate the applicant’s Transaction ID.
Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2019 Support Line
For technical support, and enquiries, do well to call 08159999011 and 09018611774 between 08:00 am and 05:00pm.