Tekno (source: Instagram)
Tekno (source: Instagram)

Nigerian singer, Augustine Kelechi better known as Tekno has narrated his ordeal as his vocal chords shut down for months and how people had accused singer, Iyanya and Ubi Franklin.

Concise News understands that Tekno who has been off radar for a while, gave the details about his health in a ‘tell all’ interview with popular OAP, Daddy Freeze.

Advertise With Us

Stating how it all started, he said : “It all started at an event in Ghana, I performed with Wizkid and Davido, I cracked my voice on stage that night, I told my guys I didn’t want to go out again because I really injured my voice.”

“The next day, I had a show In Togo, I performed and came back to Lagos but it wasn’t getting better, so I went to see a doctor, he just gave me anti-biotics and said i should be fine in a week or two but I didn’t get better and I had started cancelling shows.”

“So I decided to fly to London, saw the first doctor and he said ‘your vocal cord is just irritated’ he gave me drugs and said I should be fine in about two weeks, but nothing changed,”he continued.

The talented artiste  “So I decided to fly to Los Angeles and again I saw the first doctor , he said the same thing. At this stage I was loosing my mind already because it didn’t make sense anymore, I couldn’t sing, I couldn’t talk, sometime they tell me to stay quiet for a week (laughs).”

“Some people around me started saying it may be from Ubi Franklin because my contract was going to expire in a few months and he didn’t want me to sing again, some others said It could be Iyanya, someone else said It could be a girl, another person offered to take me to see babalawo, I was really getting frustrated. Someone even told me to buy a goat and three matchetes for sacrifice”

“This all happened over a period of like four months, no work, no recording, no performing, I was just spending money from hospital to hospital. Then I started doing vocal therapy and it got to a point i just thought doing a surgery was the best option.”

“I eventually flew to New York to see another doctor who promised me i’ll be fine and sing again. At this point, I had spent alot of money and done all sorts of weird and disgusting tests and scans.”

“The surgery option i opted for was the one that had to do with them putting a magnet inside my throat. The surgery was done by a robot, they cut me in five different places. After the surgery, I couldn’t move, i couldn’t breath, couldn’t sneeze. It was hell.”