Video Of Kidnapped Aid Workers In Nigeria Emerges
One of the aid workers, Grace, pleads for help (image courtesy AFP)

The Presidency says it has been briefed by the responsible government agency about the disturbing video showing humanitarian aid workers held captive by Boko Haram.

Concise News had reported that International charity organisation Action Against Hunger has said that six of its workers kidnapped in Nigeria last week have appeared in a video.

Advertise With Us

The charity body said that the six workers, comprising one staff member, plus drivers and health workers employed locally, are “apparently in a good condition of health.”

In the three-minute video, a woman wearing a bright blue hijab, says she is the abducted aid worker as she addresses the camera in English while seated in front of five men she describes as her colleagues.

Reacting to the video, Garba Shehu, the Spokesperson to President Muhammadu Buhari, in a statement on Thursday said that the government is making contacts, in the hope that the captors will be released soon.

He added that besides these aid workers, there are some others about whom this engagement is about-Leah Sharibu, a religious leader and all the others captives

The statement read: “The Presidency has been briefed by the responsible government agency about the disturbing video showing our citizens, the humanitarian aid workers held captive.

“Presidency has been given assurances that contact is being made and the captors are being talked to.

“Beside these aid workers, there are some others about whom this engagement is about-Leah Sharibu, a religious leader and all the others.

“These discussions have been ongoing even before this time and what this latest incident has done is to bring urgency to the efforts that the secret service is making.

“Government is making contacts, in the hope that the captors will see reason to not visit hardship or even harm on these innocent individuals.”