Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. The company invest heavily in their employees, which is reflected in their industry-leading development programme and commitment to see their employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Concise News understands that they are taking applications from fresh graduates for the position below:
Title: Graduate Trainee Programme
Reference ID: 113786BR
- At Shell, they’re developing all kinds of ideas to help meet the growing demand for energy and we’re looking for ambitious students and graduates to help us do more.
- Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies, employing approximately 87,000 people and operating in more than 70 countries and territories.
- Their aim is to meet the energy needs of our society in ways that are economically, socially and environmentally viable, now and in the future. Their focus on innovation and technology has made them a leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of refined petroleum products.
Shell Graduate Programme
The Shell Graduate Programme is a development framework that enables new graduates to become fully independent Shell professionals in 2-5 years. At Shell, new graduates have access to an unparalleled range of roles and world-class training and development opportunities, including:
- Leadership skills development
- Networking, Coaching and Mentoring relationships
- World class training (classroom-based learning, e-learning modules, accreditation)
- Job Rotations in different businesses
What Shell looks for
Graduate Trainees who:
- Completed their undergraduate degree not earlier than 2016
- Graduated with a minimum 2:1 (Second Class Upper) degree
- Have completed their Nigeria National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme with proof of discharge certificate
Applicants who do not satisfy the above requirements will be automatically rejected.
Courses of Study
- Social Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
As part of their process to identify remarkable individuals, Shell uses a competency-based assessment methodology which focuses on Capacity, Achievement and Relationships (CAR).
- Capacity: Shell is looking for people with the intellectual, analytical, and creative ability to learn quickly, identify issues, and propose innovative solutions.
- Achievement: Shell wants driven high-achievers full of curiosity, self-confidence and organizational skills.
- Relationship: Shell is searching for strong communicators who work well within a team, respect others and encourage and support colleagues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Candidates will be asked to select the business area that they would like to apply for on the Shell Graduate Programme within the Application form. You will be matched into a particular role based on your skills. Whilst you will not be required to apply for a specific Shell position If you are interested in a specific role, you can express interest within your cover letter.
- Shell review applications and fill roles on a rolling basis, therefore, they may close particular business areas once they are filled.
- Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training, special job offer, etc.) for employment.
- Individuals who are interested in opportunities within the Shell Group will find open positions listed on the above-listed company websites when available
Application Deadline 21st July 2019.