President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday re-appointed Boss Mustapha as Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), and Abba Kyari as Chief of Staff (COS) to the President, five weeks after he was sworn in for a second term in office.
Concise News learned that the president’s media aide Garba Shehu made this known in a statement in which he said the appointments took effect from May 29, 2019.
President Buhari also approved the appointments of 11 of his personal staff.
1. Mohammed Sarki Abba – Senior Special Assistant to the President (Household and Social Events)
2. Ya’u Shehu Darazo – Senior Special Assistant to the President (Special Duties)
3. Dr Suhayb Sanusi Rafindadi – Personal Physician to the President ADVERTISEMENT
4. Amb. Lawal A. Kazaure – State Chief of Protocol
5. Sabiu Yusuf – Special Assistant (Office of the President)
6. Saley Yuguda – Special Assistant (House Keeping)
7. Ahmed Muhammed Mayo – Special Assistant (Finance & Administration)
8. Mohammed Hamisu Sani – Special Assistant (Special Duties)
9. Friday Bethel – Personal Assistant (General Duties)
10. Sunday Aghaeze – Personal Assistant (State Photographer)
11. Bayo Omoboriowo – Personal Assistant (Presidential Photographer)
These appointments were made barely 24 hours after the Coalition of the United Political Parties (CUPP) said it had filed a suit to challenge the continuous stay in office of some aides of President Muhammadu Buhari without appointment letters for his second term in office.
“We, therefore, warn all the former Presidential aides of President Buhari, from the first term, to stay away from their former offices until and unless they are armed with fresh appointment letters or risk criminal prosecution, and trial for violation of the code of conduct bureau act,” spokesperson for the CUPP, Imo Ugochinyere, had said on Thursday.
He also said, “The former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, is still in that office, Senator Ita Enang is still parading as Special Adviser to the President on National Assembly matters, Mr Abba Kyari is still parading as Chief of Staff to the President, Mr Femi Adesina is still appearing on TV programmes and signing press releases as Special Adviser to the President on Media, likewise Mr Garba Shehu.”