President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointments of 11 of his personal staff, five weeks after he was sworn in for a second term in office, Concise News reports.
The president’s media aide Garba Shehu made the appointments known in a statement issued on Friday.
According to Shehu’s statement, the appointments take effect from May 29, 2019.
Full list of Buhari’s personal staff
1. Mohammed Sarki Abba – Senior Special Assistant to the President (Household and Social Events)
2. Ya’u Shehu Darazo – Senior Special Assistant to the President (Special Duties)
3. Dr Suhayb Sanusi Rafindadi – Personal Physician to the President ADVERTISEMENT
4. Amb. Lawal A. Kazaure – State Chief of Protocol
5. Sabiu Yusuf – Special Assistant (Office of the President)
6. Saley Yuguda – Special Assistant (House Keeping)
7. Ahmed Muhammed Mayo – Special Assistant (Finance & Administration)
8. Mohammed Hamisu Sani – Special Assistant (Special Duties)
9. Friday Bethel – Personal Assistant (General Duties)
10. Sunday Aghaeze – Personal Assistant (State Photographer)
11. Bayo Omoboriowo – Personal Assistant (Presidential Photographer)
The above-mentioned appointments were confirmed barley 24 hours after the Coalition of the United Political Parties (CUPP) said it had filed a suit to challenge the continuous stay in office of some aides of President Buhari without appointment letters for his second term in office.
“The former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, is still in that office, Senator Ita Enang is still parading as Special Adviser to the President on National Assembly matters, Mr Abba Kyari is still parading as Chief of Staff to the President, Mr Femi Adesina is still appearing on TV programmes and signing press releases as Special Adviser to the President on Media, likewise Mr Garba Shehu,” spokesperson for the CUPP, Imo Ugochinyere, had said on Thursday.