The Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) is a scheme in which officers are appointed into the Civil Service. As a body empowered to appoint, transfer and exercise disciplinary control over all Federal Civil Servants, FCSC rejects candidates who have been convicted of a crime, or had previously worked as a government official but was either dismissed from active service or asked to resign or retire before his or her appointed time.
The FCSC aims to build an empire of patriotic civil servants who are dedicated to supporting the government in developing a strong nation.
Last year, the portal for recruitment was for the under-listed FCSC Nigeria programme:
- Federal Ministry of Information
- Federal Ministry of Environment
- Federal Ministry of Justice
- Federal Ministry of Trade and Investments
- Bureau of Public Procurement.
Candidates who seek to join the FCSC will have to follow the procedure below.
How To Apply for Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment
Interested candidates seeking to apply for Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment can access the Application Forms in two simple ways –
- Online application via FCSC website.
- Collection of the FCSC application forms which can be obtained from Chairmen of the States Civil Service Commissions in the Geo-political Zones.
Online Application for Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment
To apply for FCSC Recruitment, the following steps will guide you:
1. Visit FCSC online via www.fedcivilservice.gov.ng where you can check for vacancies.
2. Click on the Vacancies tab to navigate to the FCSC recruitment portal
3. Once you get to the portal, you can;
Register an account to start
Login to Apply or Manage your Profile
Search Available Jobs.
Collecting the FCSC application forms
You can also Collect FCSC application forms from Chairmen of the States Civil Service Commissions within the Geo-political Zones listed as follows:
1. North-West (Kaduna)
2. North-East (Yola)
3. North-Central & Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mabushi (Abuja)
4. South-East (Owerri)
5. South-South (Port Harcourt)
6. South-West (Ibadan)
The main headquarters for FCSC is located in the capital city of Nigeria. Precisely at No. 4 Abidjan Street, Wuse Zone 3, Abuja.
While you may be worried or sceptical about the expenses, just know that the FCSC recruitment process is absolutely FREE on its website.
Meanwhile, this online news medium cannot confirm the duration of the application yet. You are to submit your application form in a sealed envelope and clearly specifying the Ministry and post applied for.
The following recipient should be addressed on the envelope: Hon. Chairman, Federal Civil Service Commission, 4 Abidjan Street, Wuse Zone 3, Abuja.
About Recruitment and Appointment Department
There are nine Departments within the commission. The Recruitment and Appointment Department is one of the Core sections of the Commission. The department is made up of two divisions – Recruitment, Secondment and Transfer Divisions.
Under the department, there is a Director, two Deputy Directors, three Assistant Directors and a host of other Administrative, Executive, Secretariat and Clerical officers whose functions include:
1. Collation of vacancy positions from MDA.
2. Processing and recruitment of eligible graduates into the Federal Civil Service.
3. Arranging for interviews by placing an advertisement for vacancies in national dailies, television, radio and the internet.
4. Processing of all applications for transfer of service or secondment to and fro or within the mainstream Federal Civil Service.
5. Issuance of appointment letters or transfer/secondment of service to successful applicants.
6. Regularization of appointment after six months of offer of provisional appointment.
7. Issuance of movement forms and changing staff.
8. Any other duty assigned by the Chairman.
Good luck to all interested applicants. We hope you find this information useful as you await the opening of the portal for applications to continue.