Nigeria’s minister of labour and employment, Chris Ngige, has said that the new National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) board was inaugurated after two years because of massive looting in the organisation between 2012 and 2015.
Concise News understands that the board, to be chaired by Austin Enejomo-Isire, was finally inaugurated on Monday morning in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital.
There had been controversy over the inauguration of the NSITF board after the minister postponed it on the day it was scheduled to hold which was on 18 April, 2019.
During the inauguration on Monday, Ngige said between 2012 and 2015, the sum of N62.5 billion was contributed out of which N48 billion was unaccounted for and N25 billion was withdrawn without vouchers.
To this end, Ngige charged the new board to resist the temptation of fixing special allowances for themselves urging them to execute their duties fairly and transparently.