Another opportunity has come in this glorious month of Ramadan: the month of mercy, forgiveness and liberation from hellfire; a period of complete devotion to Allah when the Muslim world experiences perfect peace and brotherhood.
Concise News reports that it is a month of the Holy Qur’an, the month of blessings, the month of repentance and the month of profitable transaction with Allah (SWT). Muslims are therefore urged to increase their zeal and enthusiasm in order to maximize the reward therein and re-affirm their status in paradise.
In order to achieve these, the following are recommended as activities for the month:
- Endeavour to create Ramadan awareness in your neighbourhood through greetings (via the media, public lecture, printing of flyers, handbills or pamphlets at least a week before Ramadan).
- Strive to place Ramadan messages in homes, neighbourhood mosques and centres.
- Strive to mobilise funds to sponsor Tafsir on air at least three times.
- Strive to make Rabaniyyah (getting close to Allah) your focus for this Ramadan.
- Hasten towards sincere repentance: And repent unto Allah all together Oh believers that you may prosper. (Q23:31).
- Adopt the policy of mutual forgiveness, pardon and overlooking to preserve the bond of brotherhood. The Believers are but a single brotherhood (Q49:10).
- Constantly renew the intent and purpose of every action no matter how unimportant they may be. Actions are but with intentions (hadith 1 An-Nawawi).
- Ensure you are constant with the daily Solawat in Jama’a especially Subhi and Ishai.
- Strive with determination to read the whole Qur`an at least two times in the month since the Qur`an was revealed in it.
- Be steadfast in the daily Nawafil (Tarawih, Witr Solatu Dua etc) for they are highly rewarding.
- Engage relentlessly in the praiseworthy adhkar through tasbih, tahmid, tahleel, takbir and solatu alan-Nabiyy (SAW). Let not your tongue waiver from the constant remembrance of Allah (SWT).
- Take time out to visit relations especially parents, and break the fast with them as frequent as possible.
- Hasten to provide food for fasting Muslims as much as is convenient, for you will get the replica of their rewards.
- Do not hesitate to have iftar with fellow brethren especially in your area at least once in the month.
- Pay adequate attention to your spouse(s) and the children in Ramadan by taking iftar with them at least once a week as well as gathering them and supplicating together for the family and Muslims generally.
- Endeavour to recite dua` Raabitah at every Maghrib time or at the breaking of fast.
- Find ways to put a smile on as many Muslims faces as possible for this is pleasing to Allah (SWT).