Treasure Akinsohun

A six-year-old boy identified as Treasure Akinhosun has been found dead in a freezer of a woman, hours after he was declared missing.

Concise News understands that men of the police force have picked the woman who owns the freeze in which the deceased was found. The freezer was normally used to sell packed water and soft drinks.

Advertise With Us

Spokesman for the police DSP Bala Elkana confirmed the arrest on Friday, saying that the corpse had been deposited at the mortuary, while the investigation was ongoing.

According to Elkana, on April 23, at about 8.30pm, Eunice Akinsohun of Oyedele Street, Alapere Ketu, reported her six-year-old son, Treasure, missing from about 9 am.

He said a day later, the corpse of the boy was found in a freezer, inside the shop owned by Eunice’s neighbour, Patience Odowo. Patience’s shop was at 12 Orisigun Street also in Alapere.

Sources disclosed that Treasure and his mother lived in Ikorodu and had gone to Ketu to celebrate the Easter holidays with his mother’s younger sister.

It was gathered that the boy and some children in his aunt’s compound were playing when he suddenly disappeared, but his body was later found inside the freezer at Orisigun Street, about five streets from where his mother’s younger sister resides.

The bereaved mother said when she asked for his whereabouts, the other children could not give an answer, forcing her to raise an alarm.

“I also called my husband on the phone to inform him of the development. Before I got back home, a crowd had gathered at my sister’s house at Alapere to help in the search for my son.

“Throughout that day we couldn’t locate the exact place where he was. When my husband eventually arrived, he also tried his best with my sister’s husband and some elders in the community.

“He was still not found. That was how we went back to Ikorodu that night in anguish,” she said.

The woman said she and her husband were on their way back to Alapere from Ikorodu when they received a phone call that her son had been found in a woman’s freezer at Orisigun Street.

“Immediately I saw the corpse of my son, I fainted. I was later revived at the hospital. What surprised me was how my son got into a freezer at another street.

“I still don’t understand how he got into the freezer as I speak with you. But it is left for the police to investigate,” she said.