Anthony Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn says a new opponent for heavyweight champion’s June 1 fight in New York will be announced this week.
The WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO world champion had been scheduled to fight American Jarrell Miller but the New York State Athletic Commission refused to sanction the fight.
Concise News understands that the American body refused to sanction the bout because Miller had allegedly used a prohibited substance.
Miller has since denied taking a banned substance.
“Remember don’t believe everything you hear and see. The facts will prevail and I shall be vindicated,” Miller had said.
“I don’t have anything to hide and the truth will make itself known.”