No fewer than 100 examination fraudsters have so far been arrested by security operatives across the country during the just-concluded Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says. Concise News reports that in its Weekly Bulletin released in Abuja on Monday by its spokesperson, Dr Fabian Benjamin, JAMB says the fraudsters were engaged in multiple registrations to facilitate impersonation during the examination. The board notes that the act was inflating annual registration of the UTME exercise by up to 30 per cent.
Past Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) candidates across the country could be affected as the board launches a probe into the credentials of applicants dating back to ten years ago – in 2009. Concise News reports that this implies that persons who cheated the system to pass the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) to get into school and may have even graduated and participated in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) will be arrested and their certificates withdrawn.
The printing of the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) results will start soon. If you are asking to know the difference between the original results and the one you get after initially, I will explain it here. The original results will show more information than just your scores. It will capture your passport photo, schools of choice and courses chosen during registration. Also, you will pay N1,000 (excluding online/Remita charges) to enable you to print the original result. You will not need the results (original) until when you are offered admission to your choice of school or during registration for Post-UTME screening.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has noted that it will cancel the results of those who cheated in the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), Concise News understands. This online news medium reports that this comment came from the JAMB Head of Media and Information, Fabian Benjamin, on Sunday in Lagos. “If we establish any case of infraction or examination malpractice in any centre too, such centre will be shut down and the entire results of candidates who wrote in that centre from the commencement of the examination, which was April 11 to the end will automatically be cancelled,” he tells NAN.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has debunked a trending report that scores of candidates who sat for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are being reduced, describing it as fake. In a statement signed by its Head of Media and Publicity, Dr Fabian Benjamin on Monday in Abuja, the Board says the report is false. The report had claimed that scores of candidates who sat for the UTME and were found wanting by the board were being reduced by 100 marks. JAMB said that an investigation carried out discovered that the fake news emanated from a gang who coordinated from a town called Igarra in Edo state with affiliates in Lagos and other states. The board describes the act as fraudulent and meant to extort parents and candidates.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has warned candidates who sat for this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) to beware of fraudsters as they wait for their results. The board’s Head, Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin said the candidates will be notified through their telephones as soon as all the results of the examinations are out. He cautioned candidates against being carried away by what he described as rumours and misleading information in some sections of the media, especially social media. The 2019 UTME was conducted nationwide from Thursday, April 11 to Wednesday, April 18. Over 1.8 million candidates registered for the examination.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says candidates can check their Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) results on their mobile phones and should not “allow any Computer-Based Test centre to exploit them.” The examination body’s Head of Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin, says JAMB is still screening for malpractice results of the over 1.2 million candidates that sat for the 2019 UTME and would release the results any time “next week.” Benjamin adds that the board had designed a process, which would be announced shortly, to enable candidates to access their results through their mobile phones, without having to go through a CBT centre or a cyber cafe.
And that is the roundup of all the latest JAMB news online. Be assured that you can get updates on Concise News. See you soon!