Ibadan Building Collapse: No Death Recorded, Oyo Govt Reveals
Ibadan building collapse

The government of Oyo state has declared that there was no death recorded after the collapse of a building at the Shogoye area of Ibadan on Friday.

The government, according to a statement from Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Toye Arulogoun, said the multi-agency rescue operation team set up by Gov. Abiola Ajimobi was able to achieve the evacuation of all victims from the collapsed building.

Advertise With Us

Concise News had reported that a three-storeyed building, still under construction, collapsed on Friday evening at the Shogoye area of the city, trapping scores of workers at the site.

The government noted that the injured, who are in stable condition, had been taken to the hospital, while no death was recorded.

“Upon hearing the news of the incident, the governor set up a multi-agency rescue team which promptly swung into action, mobilising equipment, materials and personnel,” the statement read.

“The team was able to rescue the two victims trapped in the rubble of the collapsed building, as three were initially rescued manually.

“No fatality was recorded in the rescue operation which ended at 3.45 a.m., today.”

The statement said that investigation into the incident would be carried out by relevant agencies.