Opposition leader in troubled Venezuela, Juan Guaidó, has vowed to ensure every humanitarian aid worker blocked by President Nicolás Maduro enters the country.
Guaidó made this known at a rally in the capital, Caracas, insisting on creating new collection points and routes into the country.
“We have almost 300,000 Venezuelans who will die if the aid doesn’t enter. There are almost two million at health risk,” said Guaidó on Tuesday.
Guaidó, who has been recognised by the US and most Western governments as interim president of Venezuela, told his supporters that aid workers would be brought into Venezuela on 23 February.
Concise News gathered that Maduro, in an interview with BBC, said he would not allow aid in, claiming it was a means for the US to intervene in Venezuela.
However, Envoys for Guaidó met with Brazilian officials this week and announced plans to create a second aid storage hub in the state of Roraima, on Venezuela’s southeastern border.
US humanitarian aid trucks arrived last week at the Colombian border city of Cúcuta but were stopped at the Tienditas bridge, which has been blocked by Venezuelan troops.