A Fire outbreak at the Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil, as left the upper section of a female hostel burnt down.
The Kano State Fire Service on Wednesday confirmed a fire outbreak said the fire outbreak was as a result of high voltage.
The State Fire Service spokesman, Alhaji Saidu Mohammed, said that a total of 30 rooms, 20 toilets and four kitchens were completely razed.
“We received a distress call at 09:52 pm from one Alhaji Sagiru that there was a fire outbreak in the university.
“On receiving the information, we quickly sent some of our personnel and fire fighting vehicles to the scene at 10:21 pm to quench the fire,’’ he said.
Mohammed, however, said that no life was lost to the fire, noting that students were still at home because of lecturers’ strike.