The governorship canidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Zamfara, Senator Kabiru Marafa has called for the expulsion of the state governor, Abdulaziz Yari, from the party.
Marafa, who is the chairman of the Senate Committee on Petroleum (downstream), maintained that the Zamfara governor caused the crisis rocking the state chapter of APC.
In statement issued on Sunday, the Senator advised the APC National Working Committee (NWC) led by Adams Oshiomhole to expel the Governor and all those he declared as winners of the controversial primaries he conducted.
His words: “The governor should be expelled for gross indiscipline and violation of our party constitution.
“The measure becomes necessary to maintain party discipline and deter others that may be tempted to take similar actions to achieve their selfish objectives”.
The Senator also gave the following as ten reasons Governor Yari should be expelled from the ruling party:
1) Frustrating the efforts of NWC to conduct direct primaries for Zamfara state.
2) Directing state officials to conclude an election that was cancelled by a panel that has legal authority to do so.
3) Aiding and abating of violence that led to the death of 6 people, and injuring of many others including women and children on the 3rd of October 2018.
4) Insulting publicly the National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole and issuing of threat to cause bloodshed if the NWC refused to do his bidding
5) Announcing the result of an illegal election conducted by his faction in violation of subsisting court order.
6) Blocking APC chances of fielding candidates by conducting and announcing an illegal election on 7th October 2018.
7) Causing disunity and disaffection among APC family in Zamfara state.
8) Hiring of Commercial NGOs to issue statements/ultimatum on matters before the law court.
9) Neglecting totally, his primary responsibility of providing leadership in the face of wanton killings, raping and kidnappings of innocent people that he is being paid to protect, thereby portraying APC in bad light both locally and internationally.
10) Spending of Zamfara taxpayers’ money on the sponsorship of protest to remove the law abiding National Chairman of our great party, APC comrade Adams Oshiomhole.