At least 135 people have been killed by the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), says the World Health Organization (WHO).
The body also informed that 211 cases had been recorded, comprising 176 confirmed cases and 35 probable cases.
Due this development, WHO has called an Emergency Committee meeting on the Ebola virus outbreak on Wednesday in Geneva.
WHO Director-General, Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus, said the agency had assessed the national and regional risk of the current Ebola outbreak in DRC as “very high”.
Ghebreyesus said while the global risk remained low, so far, the UN health watchdog has not called for any trade or travel restrictions to be imposed.
The crisis meeting would decide whether or not the outbreak constituted a public health emergency of international concern, and what recommendations should be made to manage the spread of the disease.