A 34-year-old man identified as Prince Summer Dio has been electrocuted in Abuloma community in Rivers State.
The late Dio, who was an electrician, went to reconnect light under heavy rainfall when suddenly, a wire fell on the rooftop of the building, leading to his electrocution. The deceased was rushed to an undisclosed hospital where he died.
According to DAILY POST, the mother to the deceased’s girlfriend who dashed to the hospital where he was taken to, also died as a result of shock.
The online newspaper reports that the remains of the duo have been deposited in a morgue.
A close friend of the deceased, Junior Okere confirmed the report in a chat with DAILY POST.
The online medium reports that Okere expressed sadness over the development, noting that he last saw his friend who is from Akwa-Ibom State on Sunday.