A pro-Biafra activist Emeka Gift has vowed that members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) would shut down ‘Biafra land’ to observe a sit-at-home order by the secessionist group September 14.
Concise News recalls that the IPOB had in a statement last week through the group’s Publicity Secretary, Comrade Emma Powerful, ordered the people in the Southeast region of the country to observe a sit-at-home September 14.
The statement had called on Igbos in every part of the country to stay indoors on the said date, to register its anger, and protest the alleged killing of men and women at Afaraukwu, Umuahia, in the course of Operation Python Dance carried out by the military in September, 2017, as well as those killed in Port Harcourt and Aba.
In the statement, IPOB regretted that one Mr Okafor, who was allegedly on a peaceful march from Nkpor to Onitsha, was shot dead by the army.
Reechoing the statement issued by the IPOB spokesperson on Tuesday, Gift said members of the group would shut down the whole of “Biafra land” in protest to the ”unjust” military invasion of “Biafra land”, killing of IPOB members and abduction of the group’s leader, Nnamdi Kanu.
Gift tweeted: “We are putting it on notice that, come Sept 14th 2018,
#IPOB will shut down the whole of #Biafra land in protest to the unjust military invasion of Biafra land, killings and abduction of #IPOB leader Mazi #NnamdiKanu & parents. Please follow up the #SitAtHome,”
@cnnlive,We are putting it on notice that, come Sept 14th 2018, #IPOB will shutdown the whole of #Biafra land in protest to the unjust military invasion of Biafra land, killings and abduction of #IPOB leader Mazi #NnamdiKanu & parents. Please follow up the #SitAtHome
— Emeka Gift (@EmekaGift) September 11, 2018