Reno Omokri
Reno Omokri. Photo credit: Facebook.

Former Presidential New Media aide Reno Omokri has stated that President Muhammadu Buhari is not sincere about the proposed use of the $1 billion for the fight against boko haram.

Buhari on Wednesday approved the release of $1bn for the procurement of security equipment to fight insurgency.

Advertise With Us

This was made known to State House correspondents by the Minister of Defence, Mansur Dan-Ali, at the end of a meeting Buhari had with security chiefs at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Reacting in a post on his Twitter page, Omokri said: “$1 billion that Nigeria does not have and probably has to borrow, has been released by Buhari to fight an enemy he told us had been defeated a year ago.

“The more you look at the Buhari administration, the less you see. A government that reaches out to Boko Haram but not to the opposition!”