Embattled former National Security Adviser, retired col. Sambo Dasuki, on Wednesday said he could not recall details of the N400m he paid to former spokesman of the PDP Olisa Metuh in 2014.
Dasuki made this known at the Federal High Court in Abuja.
“That will be very difficult for me to give any details of the money paid to Chief Olisa Metuh and the second defendant (Destra Investment Limited) without reference to my records,” Dasuki said when asked about details of the payment. “Three years is a long time.”
Similarly, when he was asked how long he could take to get access to the records, he said: “I have stated earlier that I have been in custody for two years. As soon as authorities decide to obey the subsisting court orders.
“I have four bail court orders and an ECOWAS Court ruling. When they release me, I can go through the records. That is when I will be able to give a timeline. As long as I am in detention, the answer is I don’t know.”
Dasuki was produced in court by operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) following a request by Metuh.
Dasuki entered the witness box as Metuh’s eighth defence witness after Justice Okon Abang earlier dismissed the ex-NSA’s application seeking an adjournment pending the determination of his motion in relation to the subpoena issued on him pending before the Court of Appeal.