By Oladipupo Mojeed
The police investigating Saturday night’s terror attack in London have said they know the identity of the three attackers who killed seven people and injured 48.
According to the Metropolitan, names of the suspects would be released “as soon as operationally possible”.
How they carried out the attack
Attackers drove into pedestrians on London Bridge at about 22:00 BST before stabbing a number of people in Borough Market. They were shot dead by police afterwards.
The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Police said on Monday morning that officers were searching two addresses in east London – one in Newham and another in Barking.
A “number of people” were detained.
It comes after 12 people were arrested in Barking on Sunday following raids at a flat – believed to be the home of one of the attackers. A 55-year-old man has since been released without charge.
Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick said a “huge amount” of forensic material and evidence had been seized from the van and police raids.
She told BBC Breakfast the investigation was moving very quickly and the priority now was to establish if anybody else was involved in the plot.
London Bridge rail and Tube stations both reopened for entry and exit early on Monday morning, after National Rail said the police cordons in the area of the attack had been lifted earlier than expected.
The bridge and surrounding roads have also reopened.
Meanwhile, two people have also claimed they had warned the police about the behaviour of one of the attackers.
Speaking to the BBC’s Asian Network, an unnamed man said one of the attackers had become more extreme over the past two years.
“We spoke about a particular attack that happened and, like most radicals, he had a justification for anything – everything and anything.
“And that day I realised that I need to contact the authorities,” he said.
He said no action was taken.
“I did my bit… but the authorities didn’t do their bit”.
Speaking on Sunday, Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said 36 people were in hospital with a “range of injuries” and 21 were in a critical condition.
Four police officers were among those injured, two of them seriously.