At least 48 shops and properties worth millions of Naira were reportedly burnt to ashes at Gombe old Market due to a fire incident.
Malam Mohammad Abba, Chairman of the market told the News Agency of Nigeria that the incident occurred in the night.
He added that the cause of the fire has yet to be ascertained.
Abba further said about 300 shop owners lost their goods to the inferno.
According to him, some of the shops consist of various goods, while the ones occupied by some tailors were also affected.
He then advised the affected shop owners to take it as an act of God and to be careful in handling everything that has to do with electricity.
Some of the victims also said they were suspecting that the fire was caused by electrical fault.
But they commended the men of Fire Service and the security agents for their prompt response, as they also appealed to Gombe State Government and public spirited individuals to assist them.