The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has disclosed that it will embark on a week warning strike from Wednesday 16th November.
According to ASUU president, Biodun Ogunyemi, who disclosed this in Abuja on Monday, the strike will be total and comprehensive.
Ogunyemi said there shall be no teaching, no examination and no attendance at statutory meetings of any kind in any of the union’s branches.
He further disclosed that the warning strike is to compel the government to address
- Revitalisation of public universities based on the 2013 MOU
- Release of subvention to state universities by their visitors
- Registration of NUPEMCO
- Payment of Earned Academic Allowances (EAA)
- Shortfall in salaries leading to payment of fractions of staff salaries
- Non-payment of salaries of staff in the Staff primary schools
- Exemption of Universities from the Treasury Single Account (TSA) Policy
- Renegotiation of the 2009 Agreement